Thursday, October 15, 2009

i took this little test at Oprah.com...

and this is what it said about me.

YOU ARE STRIVING TO BE SPONTANEOUS
You are an adventurer: Action-oriented, curious, outgoing, and often technically gifted, you live for new experiences. You are drawn to risk-taking and aren't afraid to fail. (yup, that's me) Generally restless, you tend to job-hop or choose a field that offers constant novelty. (so not me - I've had 3 jobs in the past 20 years - I stay put) If you had to name your favorite place, it might be the center of attention—you're a born entertainer, (uhm, no!) and can easily adapt to any audience. While you collect many acquaintances, you're less likely to develop deep, committed relationships. (this use to be true, but no longer. I work hard at my relationships)

What to watch out for: When you can't satisfy your thirst for variety and excitement, you may see yourself as trapped, which can lead to impulsive and self-destructive behavior—drinking, drugs, breaking off relationships, ditching financial responsibilities. (true sometimes and something I am working on. Not the drugs or alcohol aspect, but food has always been my drug.) Try to find value in some traditions; if you learn to appreciate repetitive experiences, you won't always feel the urge to bust free. And when a new opportunity thrills you, keep in mind that just because it sounds exciting, that doesn't mean it's good for you. (this last sentence should probably be on my refrigerator).

Looking ahead: Life will have meaning for you as long as you feel stimulated. That might mean chasing twisters, (done that) exploring the polar ice caps,(not quite, but want to) getting a degree in dance therapy (I'm a horrible dancer), or becoming an astronaut. (ohh, I hadn't thought of that one!) It might also mean reading new books (I haven't finished a book in over 4 years - I start them, get close to the end, and forget about them - can you say ADD), attending workshops (love learning!), or letting yourself get swept up in an intoxicating romance (I do love that). As a risk-lover with a lot of energy, you're a natural entrepreneur.(oh, that is so NOT me, except for the energy part) You'll be happiest if you change jobs every so often and travel extensively. Movement is what keeps you going. (not really, yes, and yes)


Oprah knows me much better than I thought she did - very impressive since I thought she would still be mad at me for my Aha Moment. I see a reconciliation in the future. But first, I need to go find the stack of books I haven't finished and read them to the very end. Of course, I would have to start them all over again since I won't remember much, which means I have to sit down and read for longer than a few hours...

Where's my bike?

No comments: