Wednesday, July 15, 2009

run forest run!

My sister-in-law likes to say this to me, all because of this story. In my quest for fitness and health, one of the biggest surprises has been the discovery that I love running. Really surprising, as in my-HS-gym-teacher-would-most-likely-suffer-a-heart-attack-if-she-knew kind of surprising.

I can't explain why i love it so much, especially since during most of my runs I can't breathe, my legs ache and I feel like quitting long before it's suppose to end. But then there are those other times, the ones where I feel that high that other runners always talk about. It hasn't happened often, but I remember them vividly. It's kind of like a bad relationship - you know it's bad 99% of the time, but you always come back to that 1% that was good and that convinces you to stay. The only difference... running is good for you.

I am happy to say that I have, once again, made up with running and we are now embarking on a new, albeit slightly different relationship. It's not easy and there have been many tears and lots of pain, but I'm feeling pretty good about our prognosis. I'll make sure and keep you up to date on our progress. Let's hope it's all good!

No comments: