Saturday, January 17, 2009

Some Group Hiking

I spent the morning hiking at a local park, Palmer Park. I thought the hike would be pretty boring but it turned out to have some challenging parts, especially at the parts that had some snow leftover from last week. There were 18 of us and I ended up being the "rounder upper" - in other words, I went last so that if anyone had problems and slowed down, stopped, etc, I was there to help.

It was a pretty uneventful hike but I did get the chance to hike with a gal who had just set the goal to lose 100 pounds and this was her first hike. We took it nice and slow and I'm proud to say she made it up some pretty steep hills - a great start to her resolution!

So, that's my exercise for today - about 3 hours of hiking. Now I'm ready for bed, I'm tired.

No comments: