Monday, September 21, 2009

My aha moment... again!!

I think this is a record, two posts in one day. However, something happened that was too exciting not to share. I got the following email today about my Aha Moment:

Congratulations! Your story has been selected as one of the semi-finalists. Your aha moment will appear alongside 74 others on http://www.ahamoment.com/vote, where visitors to the site will have the chance to vote for their favorites.

The first round of voting will begin on October 1st and continue through October 15th. After the first round, the top-25 vote getters will win a Flip video camera and move on to the final round of voting, which will end on October 31st. The top 10 favorite aha moments will be featured in Mutual of Omaha’s 2010 nationwide TV ads, which will begin airing early next year.

I was stunned when I first read this, with the inevitable tears following. I can't explain it but this whole process has had me in tears most of the time. Maybe it's the whole reliving that moment, maybe it's just the realization of what I have accomplished... I'm not sure. It seems that me talking about my aha moment has become a sort of aha moment itself - kind of ironic.

I'll post the link of where to vote on Oct. 1st - you are more than welcome to vote. And if you feel mine was the best moment, then please feel free to vote for me :-) At this point it doesn't matter, I'm just thrilled to be part of it!

Here's my moment, in case you didn't see it before. http://www.ahamoment.com/pg/moments/view/6804

1 comment:

DSD said...

I just was able to catch up and enjoy you describing your 'Aha Moment'...
Wonderful and powerfully precious moments for each of us... Adventure and the wild places really provide us with a means to discover this within ourselves...
Way to go!
DSD