In the midst of waiting for surgery, I've been doing some planning for after surgery, and I'm getting excited! It actually started last weekend when I watched 127 Hours (AMAZING movie!) and despite the threat of my arm being amputated, it reminded me how much I love being outside; it was my way of leaving all the stresses behind (plus I have always wanted to do some canyoneering - who needs a damn arm!)
So I have decided to make a list of everything I'm going to do next year, with my new hip in tow:
- Go showshoeing (YEAH!)
- Canoe the Platte through Denver with Glenny
- Run my first race, a 12-hour adventure race in Moab - Wandering Soles is back!
- Climb a few 14'ers
- Run a few more adventure races
- Hike the Grand Canyon with Project Athena
- Spend a weekend doing some canyoneering in Moab
- Take a kayaking course (using my brand new kayak!)
- Do more climbing (inside and out!)
- Canoe/Kayak down the Colorado in Moab
- Do lots of Yoga!
- Spend many days riding my bike around Denver - so many trails to explore!
- Ride Slick Rock Trail in, you guessed it, Moab
- Take Mountaineering Training Courses at Colorado Mountain Club (I've ALWAYS wanted to take these classes!)
- Hike whenever I damn well please :-)